GM Meetings Nov. 9-12 Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really much in that article but filler.

The Orioles have little to trade to improve the team. That much was obvious at the deadline when DD couldn't get anything done. The exception would be committing to a rebuild which makes sense considering the teams weak farm system and almost no willingness to be a top bidder on a sought after free agent.

The likely result is another year of dumpster diving and bargain bin shopping for mediocre free agent that really don't improve the team.

The tea leaves here point to an extremely disappointing off-season. O'Day gone, the QO free agents gone as well. Maybe we'll resign Pearce and Parra (why bother with him). Dariel is our top prospect.. but they want to work on trades. It obviously won't be selling like they should have at the deadline, so it cannot amount to much as we have practically nothing in our system another team would want.

Now we're obviously at the very beginning of free agency, and maybe we'll have an exciting time of it, but seems like all signs are pointing to throw ess at the wall and see what sticks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• At one time, the Orioles seemed to be in the minority regarding keeping guys under wraps and to lower pitch counts.  Now this seems to be the rule among teams in the minors.  
    • Billy Cook just keeps grinding his way along.   He gets a little better every year while advancing through the system.  He's at .862 OPS overall but .929 after almost 100 PA at Norfolk.   Striking out less.  Walking more.  Hitting more doubles but less homers so far.  Stealing some bases.  Playing all three OF positions, 1B and 2B.   Can I get a top 30 for this kid @Tony-OH? 😄
    • He isn’t letting Grayson coming off a shoulder issue throw a bunch of pitches. I’m sure they had a number in mind before the game.  
    • You aren't going to impress me with Kremer being the only decent player they got for Machado.  Sorry, that isn't an example of his competence.  As for Means, he got his improvement as a result of going outside of the system with an outside baseball training facility.   He gets a lot of credit for GrayRod though as many criticized the pick.  
    • The Bryce move was less controversial because he didn't escape the guardrails of the draft regulating one and only one Club he had the opportunity to sell his labor to. Last CBA round during the international draft negotiations Tony Clark gave out a quote like "in principle we don't like drafts of any kind" Being selfish for Orioles and with Elias having the extra pool money this year because of Gunnar, I've wondered if Ethan Holliday could quick drop out of 11th grade with a few weeks to go, grab that GED, play one game for Stillwater Community College and earn reclassification to 2024.     Then he just needs to pull that John Elway or Eli Manning thing.
    • Received my voucher email last night (they'll be in my account as of May 24).  There's no way they could've known I was there for the whole game, so it appears everyone who had a ticket for that game and a MyOriolesTicket account received a voucher. Pretty generous!  Good for 2024, most M-Th games (select "blackout" dates excluded).  
    • That's pretty impressive since there are a lot of businesses in DC that will have Nats season tickets regardless of the record.
  • Popular Contributors